"Where Safety is a Science"
Data is also presented by Key Demographics like:
STAR works with your company to maximize the value for the level of effort in establishing and collecting survey data. To complete a survey, STAR walks you through each step of the process.
Contact STAR today to see how we can help you improve your safety culture and safety program effectiveness.
The 5-level approach is preferred by companies that are self-evaluating their programs and what a clear understanding of the steps necessary to achieve the next level.
2. 0 -100% Scale
For each assessment criteria, individual responses are given and then totaled to determine an overall score for the Section.
Surveys are a means to reliably determine and measure management and employee commitment to your safety and health program. Benefits include:
If you want to improve your organizational culture, start with a culture survey.
STAR offers three types of employee perception or culture surveys
1. Culture Survey. Culture is defined by:
a. Management commitment
b. Employee engagement
c. Communication and
d. Organizational resources.
We have multiple questions within each category to help you identify your cultural strengths and weaknesses
2. Management Systems Surveys. These surveys are designed as a pre-cursor to a management systems audit or assessment. Not only do they offer tremendous time savings for the interview portion of the assessment, but help you to focus group interviews to gather the real issue behind any perceived strength or weakness.
3. Special Topic Survey. These surveys are designed to assess a singly topic or area. Topics we have done in the past include:
a. Safety and health professional knowledge
b. Knowledge of emergency procedures
c. Supervisor engagement
d. Or any topic of your choice.
We have performed hundreds of surveys and can help you develop your strategy for measuring organizational and program strength and weakness.
STAR surveys use on-line data tools like Survey Monkey to solicit and collect survey responses. we typically use a response scale of 1 -5.
2. Program Assessments. This is typically a review of your safety and health manual or other written procedures, like:
3. Management Systems Assessment. This is typically an evaluation of the effectives of your organizational ability to implement and manage the safety and health program. During this assessment, STAR performs
For a more detailed description of these three types of assessments, refer to;
ASSE’s ‘Professional Safety’ December 2009, Best Practices: Safety Audits: Comparing Three Types of Assessments.
STAR professionals have performed hundreds of audits and assessments, as listed below. STAR also has of assessment protocols for each of the assessment types above to include:
Each of our Assessment Tools help you score your assessments. Many companies prefer to score their assessments, so that progress can be measured and targets can be more easily established.
1. Malcolm-Baldrige 5-Level Assessment
Audits and Assessments are a periodic review of program operations, their controls, and the success in meeting goal and objectives. Deficiencies or non-conformances are identified for corrective and preventive actions.
Three Types of Audits or Assessments
There are typically three types of audits or assessments:
1. Compliance review. This is typically a comparison to regulatory requirements. It can be as simple as monthly housekeeping inspections or behavior observations, or a detailed regulatory inventory of
When tabulating the data, we report in both a pareto methodology as well as scores (see below).
Finally, the overall effectiveness is evaluated on the following scale
This Scale approach is preferred by companies where third party assessments are performed.
Contact STAR today to see how we can help you begin or enhance your audit and assessment program.